Sunday, April 21, 2013

Banksy, graffiti stencil (2005) West Bank barrier, Palestine


Banksy, graffiti stencil (2005) West Bank barrier, Palestine 

I have never seen this kind of graffiti before. Usually it looks trashy, sometimes it is really art but sometimes it looks like trash. This piece though, has an amazing side to it. The mixture of casual graffiti and then the detailed landscape piece behind it makes me look at it in awe. It is so neat to me that they take something like graffiti and actually use so much detail in it to make it this intricate and majestic. It kind of reminds me of the sidewalk paintings that have been popular lately. Those sidewalk drawings take my breath away. The way that people can use such huge talent and put it on a sidewalk, making something like a sidewalk amazes me. Once again turning something so low to something top notch and amazing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment