- The composition may only contain primary colors and non-colors.
- The composition must be made from a rectangular plane or prism.
- Opposition is used for aesthetic balance.
- The composition may only use straight lines or rectangular shapes.
- The composition must avoid symmetry.
- Balance and rhythm of the composition must be achieved through proportion and location.
In the composition Broadway Boogie Woogie displayed below illustrates each of the doctrines stipulations to create a painting of movement and Arial perspective.