The Church of St. Francis of Assisi, designed by Antonio Francisco Lisboa, was erected in 1766 in the city of Ouro Preto in Brazil. Aleijadinho, as he was more famously known, took 29 years building this church. It wasn't completed until the end of the 19th century.
A prominent feature of the church is that of the statue of Our Lady of Conception and a medallion that shows Saint Francis made out of soapstone. The facade is curvilinear in form and also has cylindrical towers.
The interior of the church also consisted of much detailing, a lot of it being plated in gold wood peices. The detailing in the side altars are what give this church some rococo characteristics; angels, flowers and thorns that are painted in white and gold. The interior decorations include one of Manuel da Costa Ataide's most famous paintings called, "Our Lady of Angels".